Recluse Spider Control
If you live in the range
of the Brown Recluse Spider (see Distribution
and Habitat), it is always a good idea to take control
methods into your own hands. Preventative measures should
be taken to limit the potential exposure to the Brown
The first thing to do is think about where the most
common household areas for these spiders. The Brown
Recluse Spider tends to hang around drapes, bed sheets,
and in shoes and dresser drawers, among other areas.
Take the following steps to practice Brown Recluse
- Before putting on clothing and shoes, make sure
to carefully shake them out.
- Shake out and inspect towels, bed sheets, blankets,
etc. before using them.
- Seal cracks in windows, doors and other areas of
the house. Make sure to completely shut windows when
not in the room.
- Pull all beds a few inches away from the wall.
- Keep under used areas of your home free of litter
- Do not keep storage boxes or container under the
beds in your home.
- Keep items in a sealed plastic bag when placing
in boxes for storage.
- Do not keep a pile of fire wood next to your home.